Monday, September 25, 2006

Posting on Skype from "Down Under"

SJSU photojournalism and international student, Jason Fithian, posted this article on the proposed ban of Skype today from Brisbane, Australia.


In the letter he sent to Bob Neal, Jason wrote:

As an exchange student abroad, I rely heavily on Skype daily. Skype is my main source of contact with my friends and family back home, along with colleagues at San José State University.

As I have taken the plunge and made myself vulnerable to gain another perspective of the world, I do have a greater global awareness. I understand the importance of communicating with others outside the United States; Skype makes that possible.

It just goes to show you how connecting Web 2.0 technologies can be, and how foolish it would be to deny such valuable services to students.

, , , , ,