Monday, December 04, 2006

Crisis of Online Conscience

Here's the dilemma I am facing. Two days ago, I submitted this blog for approval at PayPerPost. For those of you that do not know what it is, PayPerPost pays bloggers to write posts (essentially advertisements and critiques) for advertisings, and post them to their blog. The main idea is to reach audiences through viral marketing.

Today, my blog was accepted into the program. And right about when I was scouting for articles from advertisers that were of interest to me, my conscience hit. Is it selling out my readership to post advertisements?

While I do already advertise products and services on my blog through Google AdSense, none of my content has ever been shaded by it. This might change that, as I would be reviewing products and plugging websites in my posts.

Before I wrote any articles with PayPerPost, I wanted to see how some of my readers felt about it. Feel free to leave a comment about it on this post, or email me at baskinmyglory@gmail.com .