Thursday, March 23, 2006

More Salam?!

Salam Pax - Take 2!

I am currently at San Jose City Hall, preparing for Mr. Pax's second speech.
Image hosting by Photobucket
image taken from Wikipedia.org

The first one was good - why not?

I was wondering if the topics or responses would change, and considering I don't have class tomorrow, well, here I am. I don't know if I was supposed to or not, but I got in with the rest of the camera/tech people as they were setting up.

I think they thought I was press; don't rat me out though, I'm at least in the major. ;)

Again, an officer is positioned at the door (though it's much more an everyday thing at City Hall - a school campus is a different story)

So about that (Some Random Thoughts on Liberty While I Sit and Wait...


It reminds me of a post though Mr. Pax posted a ways back, where he compared America to the Green Zone in Iraq.

I know it's not a great comparison in this situation, but the arming of America with security makes me pause for thought - are we keeping terrorist from getting in, or ourselves from getting out?


What do you think?


Another half an hour, and the speech will start. I look forward to hearing him again. (Google Video will have the video by tomorrow, fyi)

image taken from Googel Images

Maybe that's too extreme, but sometimes I wonder if we're locking the house in the middle of a fire.